Pages

motto

“When Israel, the only country in the world whose very existence is under attack, is consistently and conspicuously singled out for condemnation, I believe we are morally obligated to take a stand.” by Canada's PM Harper

Tuesday 9 April 2013

The Teachers Union of Ireland propagates anti-Semitism

Teachers Union in Ireland support boycott of Israel regarding cultural and academic collaboration with Israel, including the exchange of scientists, students and academic personalities, as well as all cooperation in research programmes.
Mr. Roche, head of the union,  pointed to the desperate situation of Palestinian education under occupation saying that: “Palestinians are struggling for the right to education under extremely difficult conditions. They are eager for it, as shown by the large numbers of students in third level education inside and outside the occupied Palestinian territories. Education has always been a target of the Israeli occupation….”
A few facts. When Israel took over the West Bank in 1967 literacy was about 88 percent; now it is about 98 percent, according to UNICEF.
One could pile statistic upon statistic, but that would be a vain effort when it comes to minds like those of the members of  the Teachers Union of Ireland, who voted unanimously on the boycott; not one soul had the wit or independence of mind to object or to question.

I am sorry about it as I loved Irish primary school which my son attended and he loved it too. But living in Dublin I could not help hearing antisemitic remarks in church (yes, I truly did, during the sermon!!!!!), seeing calling for boycott of Israel at the University, experiencing furious attacks on Israeli Film Festival (see my first entries)..... It was such a fresh air to be at Jewish Culture Festival in Kracow where everybody was having fun (the biggest one in Europe) or attending open lecture by professor Szewach Weiss in Warsaw, at street level, with open windows (summertime) while in Dublin I had to enter small festival through airport-like security (!!!!).

I met many fine people in Ireland, I spend few good years there so I'm even more sad reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment